SPD 2010 Actions Error

May 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Edited May 31, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Folks:

I'm having trouble getting this to work. The solution is deployed correctly with no errors according to Cental Admin -> System Settings -> Manage Farm Solutions -> customworkflowactivitiesproject.wsp and Under Application Management -> Manage Features -> Custom Workflow Activities is ACTIVE.

The items appear in the Sharepoint Designer 2010 ribbon, but when I select any one of them, they do not go into the workflow. Also, when I tried to DEACTIVATE the Feature under Application Management -> Manage Features -> Custom Workflow Activities  it returned error message as:

Could this be because my I upgraded the content database from 2007 to 2010 and in 2007 I used the workflow custom action "SPDActivities 0.5.0 Alpha" (http://spdactivities.codeplex.com/releases/view/10103)?


Error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: b379d894-a27e-401e-8bc5-c3588111a0e2

Date and Time: 5/30/2012 3:35:06 PM

 

Commands used to deploy the solution:

Add-SPSolution -LiteralPath "$(gl)\CustomWorkflowActivitiesProject.wsp"

 
Install-SPSolution -Identity CustomWorkflowActivitiesProject.wsp -WebApplication http://sharepoint/ -GACDeployment -Force


Our environment is SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Edition (14.0.6029.1000) on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP 1 and SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1.


Any help on this is really appreciated.

 

Detailed Error Message from Error Log When I tried to DEACTIVATE the Feature: 

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebConfigFileChanges.AddListModifications(Collection`1 changes)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebApplication.ApplyWebConfigModifications()   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebService.ApplyWebConfigModifications()   
 at CustomWorkflowActivitiesProject.Features.CustomWorkflowActivitiesFeature.CustomWorkflowActivitiesFeatureEventReceiver.UpdateWebConfig(SPWebApplication webApp, Boolean featureActivated)   
 at CustomWorkflowActivitiesProject.Features.CustomWorkflowActivitiesFeature.CustomWorkflowActivitiesFeatureEventReceiver.FeatureDeactivating(SPFeatureReceiverProperties properties)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.DoActivationCallout(Boolean fActivate, Boolean fForce)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.Deactivate(SPSite siteParent, SPWeb webParent, Boolean fForce)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPAdminFeatureCollection.Remove(Guid featidToRemove, Boolean fForce)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.Remove(Guid featureId, Boolean force)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.Remove(Guid featureId)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.AdminDeactivateFeaturePage.LnkbtnDeactivateFeature_Click(Object objSender, EventArgs evtargs)   
 at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)   
 at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)   
 at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)   
 at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

 

Thanks !

 

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Edited Jun 1, 2012 at 2:59 PM

 

Nevermind, I got this to work. For some reason the powershell install commands didn't add a entry in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\web.config  file under <authorizedTypes> section. Added this entry under <authorizedTypes> in web.config file, restarted the SharePoint services (including IIS) and it started working.

<authorizedType Assembly="Custom.Workflow.Activities, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=757b1d17624a041f" Namespace="Custom.Workflow.Activities" TypeName="*" Authorized="True" />

 

Thanks !